TYPES OF COMPOUNDS
Chemical properties of compounds are been classified into three groups:
TYPES OF ACIDS
Acids can be classified as:
Natural and mineral acids
- Natural acids: These acids are present in food. For example, acetic acid, tartaric acid, lactic acid, etc.
- Mineral acids or inorganic acids: These acids are used in various laboratory processes like Hydrochloric acid, Sulphuric acid etc.
Strong Acids and Weak Acids
- Strong acids: All the mineral acids are strong acids.
- Weak Acids: Most of the organic acids are weak acids.
Concentrated and Dilute Acids:-
- Concentrated and diluted acids are defined by the amount of water in the acid
- Concentrated acid: A concentrated acid is one which contains the least possible amount of water in it.
- Diluted acid: A diluted acid is one which contains much more percentage of water in it.