NEED OF MANAGING RESOURCES
We need to manage our natural resources because of the following reasons:
- Everything that we use are obtained from resources on the earth.
- The most important source of non-renewable energy used extensively is the fossil fuels which have taken millions of years to be formed.
- To overcome the growing needs of the present generation, the demand for the resources is increasing exponentially. Forests are cut down to meet the demand for housing.
- Management of the natural resources would lead to a proper distribution and equal benefits from the resources, instead of being concentrated in the hands of a few.
- Managing the resources ensure its rational use and put a limit to the degradation it is causing to the environment.
Objectives of Management of Natural Resources
The management of natural resources is aimed at achieving sustainability by creating a healthy equilibrium between the following factors that are correlated:
- Social factors that include people, communities, etc.
- Economic factors that include employment, money, etc.
- Environmental factors like plants, animals, biodiversity, etc.